The most common shred equipment includes:
- Grinders. This shred type uses a rotating shaft with cutting blades that grinds the paper until it is small enough to fall through a screen.Our state-of-the-art truck offers single shaft rotary grinder with 3/8 – 2 inch screens.
- High Security Cut. These paper shredders shred material into very small particles. As the name implies, this type provides a higher level of security than strip cut or cross cut paper shredders.
- Cross Cut. Paper is reduced to short strips or particles (usually about 1/4″ x 1 1/2″ in size). This type provides a higher degree of security than strip cut paper shredders.
- Strip Cut. Paper is cut into narrow strips
(usually 1/4″ wide). This type is the most common and popular type, and is available in a variety of strip widths.
Many mobile shredding companies use cross-cut, pierce and tear, and strip cut shred types — all of which do not use a screen. Some shredding companies use Hammermill (pulverization); although screens may be used, it is often noisy and dusty. Document Security Solutions shreds documents beyond recognition with our state-of-the art Mobile Security Grinder, which can shred to the following security standards:
- Level 4 = 2 x 15 mm particles
- Level 5 = 0.8 x 12 mm particles
- Level 6 = 0.8 x 4 mm particles